List Characters of Here Comes Peter Cottontail: The Movie is a 2005 computer animated film, a sequel to the 1971 Rankin/Bass TV special, Here Comes Peter Cottontail. It was released by DreamWorks Classics. It made its television debut on 14 April 2006 on Cartoon Network. It includes several songs, including a pop rock version of the original song performed by Kai Fitzgerald.
- Peter Cottontail - The Chief Easter Bunny, now a much more responsible, if easily irritable, adult.
- Peter loves his family, but wishes his son, Junior, were more responsible, as he tells his wife, "A bunny's got to walk before he can hop." He still wears the same red sweater as he did in the first film.
- Seymour S. Sassafras - A jovial and eccentric inventor who still narrates the story supplies April Valley with the colors they use to paint Easter eggs with from Colorland where he lives. Except now, he has orange skin and pointy green hair, bearing a resemblance to Willy Wonka and one of the Oompa-Loompas and the Mad Hatter from "Alice in Wonderland". He hates bees, explaining to the viewers that "they sting people and interrupt them."
- Antoine - Despite turning into a butterfly at the end of the last film, Antoine has been turned back into a caterpillar. No longer Sassafras's assistant, he lives in April Valley with Peter, assisting him while he works at the candy factory.
- Irontail - Irontail returns for revenge against Peter. Here, his name was originally "Fluffy" before he lost his tail and changed his name, thus a clip of the incident with the young boy on roller-skates is shown.
- Montresor - Irontail's bat, except now he is much too small for Irontail to ride on.
- Peter Cottontail Jr. - Peter and Mama's son, mainly called Junior for short. His inventions don't work the way he plans them, but he still continues to dream big and think positive. Junior has brown spots on his left eye and ear and wears a purple sweater with a yellow hood.
- Mama Cottontail - Peter's wife and Junior's mother. This may be Donna from the original film, but that is not clear.
- Flutter - A young robin who lives in Summer Hill. He joins Junior on his quest after he literally runs into him and is scolded by his mother to teach him responsibility.
- Munch - A female mouse who is rescued from a hawk by Junior and Flutter, and subsequently comes along for the adventure.
- Jackie Frost - The queen of winter who wishes it were winter forever. She is a blue-skinned female elfin with brittle, icy hair and wears a blue half top with an icicle skirt and a snowflake tiara. She lives in an ice castle in Winter Ridge, accompanied by several penguins for her servants. She was to be originally called "Jill Chill" until it was discovered that the name was already owned by someone else.
- Chunk - A brown rabbit in a blue argyle sweater who is seen with Sophie when Junior demonstrates how his Easter Basket Speed-Shooter works.
- Sophie - A white girl rabbit usually seen with Chunk.
- Elroy - Peter's assistant at the candy factory, possibly a relative to Colonel Bunny's assistant in the original film.
- Wind - A large, goofy octopus-like being who inhabits the clouds and creates winds by huffing and puffing. He helps Junior, Flutter and Munch out in their quest on their way to Winter Ridge.